Navigating the Silicon Valley ecosystem is not easy, and very different from what you are used to at home in Japan. Together with our partner NEDO, we’ve identified a few questions and topics that are important to think about before making the leap over to Silicon Valley. We’ve asked some experts who have experience from both countries on these topics to get their key advice now available via this crash course! No matter if you’re just visiting Silicon Valley or setting up your startup here in Silicon Valley – this crash course is for you!
Why take this crash course?
- Learn important things to think about before expanding to the US
- Hear the cultural differences between building a startup in Japan vs. US
- Get tips and tricks on how to successfully expanding to Silicon Valley
Sign up for a free account to unlock this course.
Start the course by clicking on the first question below.
Startup Advice for Japanese Entrepreneurs
Sign up for free to unlock entire course!
- When does it make sense to raise money in Silicon Valley?
- How do I find investors in Silicon Valley?
- What criteria determines the valuation of my startup?
- How important is it to have IP protection when fundraising?
- How can Japanese entrepreneurs improve their pitch to investors?
- Is crowdfunding a good way to get funding and start your business?
- What are the key components of a successful crowdfunding campaign for hardware products?
- What are some successful tactics when selling consumer products in the US?
- What is your top advice to Japanese entrepreneurs looking to expand to Silicon Valley?
- What are the major differences between the startup culture in Japan and the US?
- Why should you file for IP protection?
- When and where should I file for IP protection?
- How do I make sure the work of my employees is included in the company’s IP protection?
- What are the pitfalls to avoid when it comes to IP protection?
- How is IP managed under cross-licensing or mutual product or service development?